Score!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlo

Nov 19, 2007
PA
So Septa just started remodeling the rotting train station down the street from me (Part of the Bristol Water Front revitalization project). I left work early on Wed to go home sick. On my way I passed the train station as they were taking down several oaks and mulberrie trees. I stoped and asked if they are keeping the wood. They said "no you want it". Now remember I'm sick and feverish, so I say, "give me 5 minutes I 'll be back to pick it up. Thye respond where do live? I respond "Around the corner". They say, ok we'll be there in 10 minutes.......THEY DELIVERED IT!!!! A FULL SIZE DUMPTRUCK OF BUCKED OAK AND what I think is MULBERRY. It was well over 1 1/2 to 2 cords. They dumped in my drive way and then asked if I wanted anymore. I already have 4 cords split and stacked and nowhere for them to drop a second load with the first pile in the driveway. So I call my neighbor and ask if he wants any. They end up dumping another cord or so in his driveway. Then they tell me they are going to have a truck load or two this weekend and am I interested. LOL, I was being offered so much free unrotten pest free wood that I almost got wood. :)
So long story short I am stocked for this season and if they come through on the delivery this weekend I am getting ahead for next season. I will post pics when I get to it this weekend.

And to think I was just going to go home to crash on the couch. Talk about being at the rite place at the rite time!

Thats awesome....kinda jealous...but damn good for you!

^^

LOL, Iknow I know....without picture it never happened!

hey show pics!
and offer them something ... case of beer someThing and they will keep coming back .... get a number give them yours,,,, money in the bank

it happened. :)

DSC05697-600x450.jpg

Unfortunately that wood will do no good in your stove, it's all wrong! Bring it to my house, I will take it off of your hands. Great score! That just proves it never hurts to ask, you just might be doing them a favor.

I think they actually appreciated it, cause I barely got done asking him and he already had a pen and paper out taking my address down. I think it is farely difficult to find places around here to dump. I would have offered him some cahs, but I didn't have any on me.....beer either. :(

Good score. I would do something for those guys, whether beer or food, so they remember you next time they need to dump wood somewhere. You can't beat free, bucked wood dumped at your house.

If they come back this weekend I will throw them some cash. Definitely!

Great score. Buy those guys a case of beer and make sure it is cold.

Bristol! I will be on the Bristol water front a 35 wedding party tonight.

If i get board I will come over and help split!

wenger7446 said:
Bristol! I will be on the Bristol water front a 35 wedding party tonight.

If i get board I will come over and help split!

LOL....

Actually in Croydon, down the street from the from the train station. They just consider it part of the "Bristol WaterFront Development. Were along Nesheminy Creek. Got it all split today. Rented a HD splitter for 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.