Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timfromohio

Minister of Fire
Aug 20, 2007
Driving home last week I passed a huge downed oak, already cut up. I stopped and asked the homeowners - it was free for the taking. Apparently tree guys were supposed to come back to get rid of the wood and never did. Took 6 trips in the truck to get it all home. Here's a shot of some of the really big rounds. A friend and I were unable to lift them up, had to roll them on top of other logs then pivot on the tailgate to get them in the truck. Heavy. I love free wood ...

try again

Attachments

• DSCF0036b.JPG
    DSCF0036b.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 481
Nice, looks like the maul's gonna get a workout,eh?

WoooHoooo!! Gotta like that! If it's free it's me :) Looks like a hernia waiting to happen. If nobody is around to help load stuff that size always take the sledge and a few wedges along. Just bust it to manageable sizes.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.