Secondary

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
My little Century shop stove cookin' with the primary completely shut. (Yes, you can burn Pine). Rick

Attachments

• secondary.jpg
    secondary.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 703
Primary was just shut a couple minutes prior to the pic. I imagine flame color is at least partially fuel-dependant. This is Lodgepole Pine. I don't often see distinctly blue flames. Rick

I am burning mostly pine, with a good hot stove (500 ish) and the airset as low as she goes, i get a secondary much like fossil. Some, but very little blue. this may be the fuel. Would hardwood burn more blue?

Ps fossil, i was down your way this past sepetmber. We were in the deschutes nat forest for a science geek confernce. after seeing the size of some of the pine trees, i can imaging that a winters wood can be two or three trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.