SecurityChimney/DuraVent compatibility - trying to convert to pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

void791

Sep 6, 2018
K/W Ontario
Bought a house with Security Chimney S2100 6" double wall, insulated, stainless steel chimney installed. Looking to convert to pellet and finding parts is darn near impossible. Called the Security Chimney and they had no idea if they made a 3 to 6 adapter. Called one of their sales reps and he said the same parent company make DuraVent and some of the parts may be compatible.

Few questions

1) Anyone have info on the compatibility?

2) Do I actually HAVE to use 3-6 adapter from the chimney manufacturer? Is there a generic alternative?

3) It currently T's off and goes through wall then adapts down to 6" black double wall stove pipe, should I try to adapt from the 6" double wall instead of the 6" insulated stainless?

Thanks all. Who would have though converting a chimney to pellet could be so frustrating.

Bought a house with Security Chimney S2100 6" double wall, insulated, stainless steel chimney installed. Looking to convert to pellet and finding parts is darn near impossible. Called the Security Chimney and they had no idea if they made a 3 to 6 adapter. Called one of their sales reps and he said the same parent company make DuraVent and some of the parts may be compatible.

Few questions

1) Anyone have info on the compatibility?

2) Do I actually HAVE to use 3-6 adapter from the chimney manufacturer? Is there a generic alternative?

3) It currently T's off and goes through wall then adapts down to 6" black double wall stove pipe, should I try to adapt from the 6" double wall instead of the 6" insulated stainless?

Thanks all. Who would have though converting a chimney to pellet could be so frustrating.