Sedore Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwolfe1

Life of Fire
Sep 2, 2006
Deer River, MN
sedoreusa.com
Sedore Stove Model 3000 Chamber size is 12.5 x 20 x 24" deep

Attachments

• IMG_1157com.JPG
    IMG_1157com.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 4,211
Sedore Stoves are now in full production in the US. The first customer is using his stove and is pleased. Two Md: 2000's are in service in New York and Ohio. Seven more will go out this week.

I am curious about these Sedore stoves

1) can they really burn wood chips w/o creosote build up?

2) if this top loading / bottom burning design is so great, why isn't everybody doing it?

Sedore claims that these things can burn almost any fuel for 15 or more hours with a steady heat and no creosote. what's the catch?

Interesting stove. Has it gone through the EPA standards and have a UL label? What is the GPH and efficiency? BTW that's one hot avatar.

The stove has not been tested for EPA Certification nor do I have any figures on the GPH. The stove is however ULC Approved. If someone knows of a inexpensive to have any of this testing done or any alternatives please let me know. The last figures I saw on developing a stove and having EPA certified was $100 TO $200 grand. No Small stove company can afford this expense. The stoves are however being tested in Canada and when the results are in I'll share them.

I would like to have read all of that, but it turned out to be difficult.

Paragraphs, please.

wilbilt said:
I would like to have read all of that, but it turned out to be difficult.

Paragraphs, please.

i am in india.

it may be difficult to have one sedeor stove.

will you pl provide detailed drawings, and list of material, alongwith permission to 'd i y'

hear in india?

y a kawade-----------------===

Bruce,

If you want to be a serious solid fuel manufacturer, get the stove UL listed and EPA certified. The full battery of tests for certification and UL safety is less than $10,000. Whoever told you $100 to $200 grand is from another planet.

Bruce, sounds like you got yourself something good. Sounds like your a hard worker and so you deserve it. Good luck with your stove company and in the future I hope to give one of those stoves a try. Jim

sounds like an interesting stove. i would like to see more pictures and a price list please. :cheese:

wildbillx8 said:
sounds like an interesting stove. i would like to see more pictures and a price list please. :cheese:

click on the site link in his signature for more pics and pricing.

sawdustburners said:
doesnt cost much to anlyze the exhaust for CO content. CO in exhaust is source of inefficieny,invisible, and toxic. having mentioned this before , i wonder why it isnt now mentioned.

CO in the exhaust is not the SOURCE of inefficiency, but it may be one measure. However- it could belch black smoke too, and those particulates are not CO but are clearly also a sign of inefficiency.

At certain points in firing a kiln it's desirable to have an inefficient, "reducing atmosphere" burn. Sometimes there is black smoke associated, but the CO gas in the combustion products is what is really doing a lot of the reduction. You are right that it's pretty cheap to do the measurement of efficiency, but getting the govt to slap a "certified" sticker on something often costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.