Selkirk chimney with smokeless drip adaptor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mkirby

Oct 30, 2021
Downey idaho
I am replacing an illegal chimney install I'm a home I've just bought. The chimney connecter that supposedly twist locks into dripless to drop through ceiling to attach to stove pipe. I the connection is loose how do I seal this. Stove pipe cement?? Also my husband kinda didn't make sure the ceiling support box was in the right spot all four corners are not in one is off by a good 1)3 inch causing another side to fold. Do I need to pull the box from the ceiling an start over? Also will stove pipe cement work in weather?

I am replacing an illegal chimney install I'm a home I've just bought. The chimney connecter that supposedly twist locks into dripless to drop through ceiling to attach to stove pipe. I the connection is loose how do I seal this. Stove pipe cement?? Also my husband kinda didn't make sure the ceiling support box was in the right spot all four corners are not in one is off by a good 1)3 inch causing another side to fold. Do I need to pull the box from the ceiling an start over? Also will stove pipe cement work in weather? Do I need to use the twist lock ring that came with my twist lock stainless steel pipe? Do I need to with the furnace gasket cement stuff, go all down the seems of my chimney?@

Stove cement should not be necessary for a proper install. Moreover it'll crack and may fall out

Posting pics will give you better advice.

Okay I pulled the ceiling support box an re put it in. Now My issue is I needed more length the chimney came out just above the flange storm collar thing. The connection is wider than the storm collar roof flashing beneath. Will this be a problem? I will post pics.
Thanks
Also when screwing my single wall pipe inside do the screws go all the way through both pipe or not quite through the second pipe?