Selkirk DT distance to termination tip?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jackiel

Jan 27, 2022
Eubank, Kentucky
The minimum distance from the exterior wall to the Selkirk termination adapter is 7”.

With a 2’ section of DT pipe going from the top elbow out through the wall, I have a distance of 11 inches from the exterior wall to the termination adapter. However, I have a 4”-12” adjustable piece of DT pipe and could make that distance 15” instead of 11”.

Is there a maximum distance from the exterior wall to the Selkirk termination adapter?

The minimum distance from the exterior wall to the Selkirk termination adapter is 7”.

With a 2’ section of DT pipe going from the top elbow out through the wall, I have a distance of 11 inches from the exterior wall to the termination adapter. However, I have a 4”-12” adjustable piece of DT pipe and could make that distance 15” instead of 11”.

Is there a maximum distance from the exterior wall to the Selkirk termination adapter?
Minimum is 7 in, you have 11 in, which I think is fine. IMO the shorter the horizontal length the better..unless there is a need to go further.