Selkirk Supervent T DOA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJRages

Oct 20, 2009
Mid Missouri
Today I picked up a wall support kit (special order) from Lowes. Inside were all the correct components, but I noticed that there was insulation exposed at the ends of the T where one chimney pipe connects to the next pipe. In addition, because of this the 6" pipe is more of an oval shape than a circle.

What should I do? Is this a defect (and should be returned to the store) or should I just ignore the minor issue and install my chimney anyway?

Thanks for your help. Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 190
In case anyone is interested and for the records, I'll answer my own question here. I was able to call a Selkirk technical rep. today. She said that this is completely normal and that each pipe has one end that is left this way for expansion during heating. So really no problems here, issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.