Selkirk Wall Support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
I’ve been searching all over the net for Selkirks adjustable wall support, specifically the one that is adjustable from 2-6” from the vertical wall. The part number is JSC6WS. I can’t seem to find any place that sells it.
Does anyone know if it has been discontinued or know where I can buy one?
99708804-945D-41B6-9B34-720DF571D70C.jpeg

Might be an old catalog. For the Supervent JSC chimney, look for JSC6AWS. I think the Tee plug must be purchased separately, J61TPI

Thanks begreen. I have the JSC6AWS already but I need to get around 2 1/8” on the gable end roof line where the shingles stick out of the siding. If I use the normal wall support and wall bands I believe that only accounts for 2” from the siding, If that. I have the 15 degree offset kit I could use but I’d rather have the stack go straight up so I can use a regular chimney brush.
I guess I can just shim behind the wall support and wall bands with PT or plastic decking or whatever to make up for the 2 1/8”
Any thoughts?

Yes, use a 2x4 under each leg as a shim.

Reactions: Enplater
Yes, use a 2x4 under each leg as a shim.
Will do. I’ll post pictures when everything is done, hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks.

I was thinking of something similar to this. It looks like composite trim or something. Looks better than PT, and maybe I can find the right size. If I used PT I think I would use 4x4 and rip it to the 2 1/8” I need to clear the gable. Maybe I’m just being crazy.
ADFDC1D3-9A47-449B-8415-7DC4239E3DC0.jpeg

Reactions: begreen
Is that 2-1/8" including the 2" clearance to combustibles (overhanging shingles) that I think most class A pipes need?

Yes, the wall bands and wall support have 2” clearance built into them. I just need an additional 2.125” to get around the roof line. I’ll add a picture to try to clear up what I’m talking about.

B569D9EC-356F-41CD-BBCE-07FE5E2FAC96.jpeg

Reactions: stoveliker