Serenity Castle stove vacuum switch problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChiefNoChest

Jan 29, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hey everybody just looking for help with my castle serenity stove. My ash bin was emptied and the door was not closed correctly when the stove was started back up. Stove will ignite fine but when it switches to heating mode the auger stops feeding. The vacuum switch is not on. A service tech came over while I was at work and there was a lack of communication and understanding between him and my wife so all he left me with is that he thinks it’s the snap disc. Where and how do I repair? Thank you all.

Unplug the stove for a few minutes, plug back in and start it up. Its a lil like a reset. Then we can figure out what its doing or not doing

Unplug the stove for a few minutes, plug back in and start it up. Its a lil like a reset. Then we can figure out what its doing or not doing
Same this as stated in original post. It ignites perfectly fine but when it goes to the heating process the auger stops feeding. In the picture I have attached there’s supposed to be another symbol lit up between the two on the bottom right letting me know that the vacuum switch is on. I read in the owners manual that the fuel will not be fed if both the vacuum switch light and the hopper lid switch light are not on.

Attachments

• 5E9A9F6D-2043-4EA3-8AE4-D57A29836858.jpeg
    5E9A9F6D-2043-4EA3-8AE4-D57A29836858.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 169
Same this as stated in original post. It ignites perfectly fine but when it goes to the heating process the auger stops feeding. In the picture I have attached there’s supposed to be another symbol lit up between the two on the bottom right letting me know that the vacuum switch is on. I read in the owners manual that the fuel will not be fed if both the vacuum switch light and the hopper lid switch light are not on.
The missing symbol is the V, for vacum. {Between the L and that little blower}

Then my next question is when was the last time a complete tear down and clean was done? That would be a combination of weekly,monthly and anually maintenance

My Castle is on year 3. This season, pre fire, I removed and cleaned the vacuum blower motor and ducts. They were very dirty. Much better performance since. Try that.

I would replace the vacuum switch or check the hose that goes the fire chamber
I’ve replaced the vacuum switch, I need a new hose. I can get one from manufacturers website but it doesn’t give me a size so I’m stuck paying twice as much to cover shipping. Any suggestions of where I can find what size I need or a retailer to buy from?

My brother in law is a brewer and i get mine here

Hi guys, I have a similar question about a Castle Serenity I picked up used last week. I unhooked the vacuum line and sucked a tiny suck 😆. I did hear the click sound with each puff, but like my Englander Stove from a few years back, I expected to hear the continuity beep from the multimeter which I had hooked to the two leads but instead heard silence.

Do different vacuum switches require different testing methods or do I have a defective vacuum switch?
(I have attached a picture of the switch itself in case it helps)

20240307_000202.jpg

Is the vac hose split, cracked or has a hole in it?
Is the attachment nipple on the stove clean and free of ash?
Disconnect the 2 wires on the switch and jump them together.
Do not let them touch a ground!!!
Start the stove does it run normally?
If it does replace the vac switch
Note It is not a good idea to suck or blow into the switch.
It reads a minimal vacuum and it is not hard to stretch the membrane

You are welcome. We are here to help if we can