Serious problems with Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BKSinAZ

Jan 26, 2015
PineTop Arizona.
2014 model. Wife was home by herself last night when the pellet stove stop feeding, although Hopper was half full. My wife did not realize there was a feeding problem after she restarted the stove and she went back to bed. In the morning the stove was humming with the sound of the blower, but still no pellets were feeding. My wife turned off the pellet stove and the stove continue to make the blower sound as though it was cooling down. My wife went to work and came back 9 hours later. Although the stove was in the off position, the stove was still making the same blower sound when she returned from work. When doing the test, the only light that comes on is the blower. My wife also says she smells electricity as though a wire or something might be melting. Where do I start looking?