Serious Scraping tool.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
not sure which website i got this but love the angle/length
p-854-MAR22_Harman_Burn_Pot_Scraper2__79459.jpg
and don't have to wait for a lower flame
to scrape the burnpot..

Reactions: jackhammer
I have that tool but it rarely gets used. Most of the time I use an automotive gasket scraper that I bent the end on. I sharpen it occasionally too.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
same here

all kinds of tools for scraping.....
I do use the other end of the harman tool for doing the heat exchanger.....

I use a gasket scraper for the burn pots and a small dust pan brush for the rest of the stove. If your stove is burning correctly, any other surface of the inside of the stove with just have loose light weight ash on them. Dust pan brush cleans heat exchanger way better than provided tool

I use a BBQ grille scraper for the most part, fits like it was made for it. Occasionally I get some stubborn clinkers and for that I just use an old butter knife.

But I only scrape it when it's cooled off and I'm cleaning it anyway. Force the exhaust fan on high and open the airflow fully, that cold outside air cools the pot fast.

I use a simple 2" paint scraper that I found on the side of the road. I see no need for any fancy high-tech super duper great angle best invention since the wheel scraper.

Mine does the trick and cost nothing. But maybe I am just too cheap!

Bill

I use a simple 2" paint scraper that I found on the side of the road. I see no need for any fancy high-tech super duper great angle best invention since the wheel scraper.

Mine does the trick and cost nothing. But maybe I am just too cheap!

Bill
funny...:)

Me 2 i dont have a scraper. When it get to the pont of scraping i go bead blast it lol

I actually need a blast cabinet to clean up some old Chevy air cleaners I have for my truck. Never thought of using it for the pellet stove.

;)