Shed Permit Convenient but Prominent and Permanent Storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well since going through the additional delay,pain, agony and extra $40 added expense, I found a good place to keep a copy of the permit in the new shed electrical box inside wood cover I made!
Of course the original can be scanned and put in the household safe with backup in pdf format on cd!

Just went down to staples and purchased a clear plastic 2 pocket report folder for $0.99 The tag says it is a "2-pocket portfolio poly assorted" sales slip says 2PKT Plastic Folde 718103154901, and Scotch Removable Clear Mounting squares for $3.79!
http://www.staples.com/Scotch-Reusable-Double-Sided-Mounting-Squares-1-x-1-18-Pack/product_899710?catalogId=10051&fromUrl=home&cmSearchKeyword=clear mounting squares&cmArea=SEARCH&langId=-1&storeId=10001&ddkey=http:StaplesSearch

I cut the folder in half just using one side and taped the bottom side with scotch tape so nothing falls out.

Then just put the little sticky jelly like squares on the back of the folder and stick to the inside cover.

Now you can rest assured and not feel any guilt that if you have to re-mortgage your home, you can easily show proof that you have a legal shed and a SIGNED OFF permit!

Seriously one of my friend's shed was too large so the permit was refused. In order to remortgage he had to drag the shed with his truck to the middle of the yard to make legal and then after he got the mortgage he dragged it back. That was the only alternative! LOL

Also see
Boxing in the Electrical Box with Non-Mortise European Hinges! -Inexpensively!
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-mortise-european-hinges-inexpensively.86890/

New 30 Amp Shed Sub Panel underground electrical feed.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ld-i-use-10-3-uf-b-or-10-2-uf-b-and-is.76717/

Attachments

• TRHShed470ElectBoxBoxPermitStorage.jpg
    TRHShed470ElectBoxBoxPermitStorage.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 250
  • TRHShed480ElectBoxBoxPermitStorage.jpg
    TRHShed480ElectBoxBoxPermitStorage.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 238
  • TRHShed490ElectBoxBoxSquares.jpg
    TRHShed490ElectBoxBoxSquares.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 250
  • TRHShed510ElectBoxBoxPermitHolder.jpg
    TRHShed510ElectBoxBoxPermitHolder.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 238
  • TRHShed520ElectBoxBoxPermitHolder.jpg
    TRHShed520ElectBoxBoxPermitHolder.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 246
I needed a permit to drop a pre-fab shed. Any thing over 140 sq ft here needs a permit. Any bigger than 220 sq ft and I would've had to permit it as a garage and watch my taxes soar. 10x22 it is!

Hello

Our shed is near the property line so it must be less than 100 sqft according to the building code. So 10x10 it was!

Yes, the shed goes right on the Property Taxes as an Out Building with the Appraised value for the additional Tax.
calculation!

Therefore since the 2011 Tax rate for Salem NH is 20.14 per thousand, then the additional shed property tax we pay this year is: $600 x $20.14 / 1,000 = $12.08. and probably more next year.@#*!

Attachments

• ShedTax.jpg
    ShedTax.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 211
Hello

Well I guess it was worth not tearing down the Rhododendrons to build the shed!

Attachments

• TRHShed430.jpg
    TRHShed430.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 226
  • TRHShed440.jpg
    TRHShed440.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 228
Don't need to mess with any permits here unless it's over something around 500sq ft I believe, though if you didn't get one then, doubt anyone would notice anyhow.
I was going to put up a 70ft windmill tower in my backyard and when I called to check if I needed paperwork, the zoning lady said, "nope, have fun".

Don't need to mess with any permits here unless it's over something around 500sq ft I believe, though if you didn't get one then, doubt anyone would notice anyhow.
I was going to put up a 70ft windmill tower in my backyard and when I called to check if I needed paperwork, the zoning lady said, "nope, have fun".

Cool, you generate ur own ElecTricity ! lol

Most everyone around here do NOT get an electrical permit for their shed even though there is one!
Shed electrical codes are the same as homes!

Those Lectric Codes r Just to tough to Pass IN A SHED! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.