Shipping Costs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planeweird

Sep 29, 2008
cincinnati, oh
Alright, I need a little help here please. What is a good ball park price for shipping a 265 pound stove within the US and what companies have you guys had good experiences with?

Thanks,
Cameron

we shipped one from our commercial business in maine to a customer in washington state.. it was a flat fee of 325 for the shipping

Anytime I need anything hauled I use freightquote. If you'd like to check pricing, go to their website which is www.freightquote.com and get their 800 number from the site. Call them, explain you are a one time shipper, tell them what you have, they will determine freight class etc. What you will need for them is the pallet size, including width, length, and height, & weight of loaded pallet, (guess heavy, you don't want to be underweight) whether or not you can load it for the truck driver or if they need to bring a liftgate truck, and the zip where they pick it up & drop it off. In about 5 minutes though they'll provide you with about 1/2 dozen quotes. I've got a couple accounts with different companies and neither has ever beat freightquote since I started using them 5-6 years ago. Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.