Shop Vac idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagged Wood

Feb 17, 2008
western Va.
I have a Whitfield Advantage Plus stove and clean it every day with a shop vac.
I'm not too sure how it happens but I get pellets mixed in with the ash in the bottom of the stove. I guess they bounce out of the burn pot cause I don't know how they could miss the pot. Any way when I vac out the ashes I always had some pellets getting sucked up in the vac. Well today I took care of that problem. I got a Rx pill bottle that would fit tight on the vac hose and drilled a few 5/32 holes in it just a bit smaller than the pellets and it worked great it would pick up the pellets and hold them on the bottle and I could just pick them off and put back in the hopper. I don't have a lot of stray pellets maybe 15 to 20 but I would rather burn then than suck them up in the vac.

Status
Not open for further replies.