short window to do roof penetration...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuoyTen

Jan 6, 2015
CT shore
but was able to complete the install of my Jotul F100 before the blizzard. With all these recent snowstorms and subsequent days off due to school closings, the family has been warm for the first time in a while!

The roof is maybe a 3 pitch, and as such is a rubber roof. Commercial grade EPDM. The adhesive to flash rubber to rubber is finicky in cold temps, but it is done.

The interior work is done enough for now. That is to say the hearth is down (no molding installed yet). The protective wall is built (but still just bare durock).

Certainly nothing pretty, but it is functional. The whole first floor is under renovation, and thankfully we are able to live here while we pick away at it.

Comments welcomed 20150202_110407.jpg

How is the little guy working out?

PS: We had a 6" tree trunk support like that in our house for years.

Well so far so good- it only needs to heat about 650sf, and the ceiling is only 7". so it can certainly do its job.

It is a good looking stove and its small size fits the room nicely, although yes I do feel somewhat of a slave to it. small firebox.

the support holding up my recessed beam is the bottom half of a hickory oyster stake leftover from summer.

A heat gun or even hair dryer helps greatly when working with EPDM flashing in cold temps.

Looks good, I like the Locust Post.....at least that's what it looks like....nice center location, should do a nice job in that room....

Status
Not open for further replies.