Should I need to clean out my burnpot every day?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormPanic

Oct 16, 2012
Merrimack Valley, MA
Just got a Regency GF55. Seem to have a lot of ash buildup in my burnpot after burning for less than a day. I have been vacuuming it out once a day but it seems like a lot. I have the combustion air trim all the way up and the damper open full. Is this just a product of poor pellet quality (been burning mostly Green Supremes) or am I missing something.

Green Supremes, they are junk!

Green Supremes are very very ashy. The ashiest (is that a word?) I've ever used and I've tried probably 15-20 brands over the years.

Can you describe your exhaust set-up? (# of elbows, 90's, 45's, lengths of pipes, vertical, horiz., etc, etc.) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.