Should I or shouldn't I?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

great balls of fire

Feb 2, 2013
East Fishkill, NY
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for about a year and I have finally signed on. I have recently bought a P43 Harmon pellet stove. Love that stove but that is another thread.I have a raised ranch. I am looking to buy a wood insert to heat my downstairs which is about 1000 sq. feet. The stoves I have been looking at are the napoleon economizer 2201, the heatilator ECOchoice wins 18 and the Pacific Energy vista insert. Any thoughts or comments??

I can only speak on the PE. They make a great stove, and most are very pleased with their choice on the stove.
Is"Downstairs" a basement install? One word of advice I would give is go larger than what you "think" you need. Go by the size of firebox, and not what each manufacturer claims the square footage a stove will heat.
Not having enough stove for the heat you desire is a real bummer after spending the cash and installing.

Reactions: gandrimp
Agreed. Of these inserts the Eco-Choice and Economizer are right sized. For equivalent sizing a 2 cu ft insert like the PE Pacific Super would be better. A couple others to look at are the Englander 13NCi and the Century CW2500.

We have heard some good reports on the Heatilator line. This is the first time I have read about the Nap Economizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.