side venting woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles2

Feeling the Heat
Jun 22, 2014
GA
I think maybe I saw such a thing, but maybe I misunderstood what was meant. Does there exist a model where the flue collar comes out the side rather than the back?

Yeah if you turn the stove sideways. lol I don't know of one but that doesn't mean there arent any some one else might know

Joyful has two, the 3cb and the f-118.

No picture, but written up on page 5 of the F3CB manual. The procedure is the same as with making it a rear vent stove:

If venting through the side is desired it will be necessary to remove the top casting. Using a 3mm allen wrench remove the two set screws that secure to the top to the side panels. Remove the front door to avoid damage to the glass. Reminder: Loss of the door washer will result in improper door alignment when reinstalling the door.

Using a claw hammer or a small sledge hammer strike the center of the 6” “knock-out” disc from the inside of the stove. The “knock-out” disc will break into four wedges and may need to be tapped out. Touch up any remaining sharp edges with a file or hand grinder. Reinstall the front door, remembering the washer and the top casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.