SIH, OHP, and Heat Resource

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman30

Feeling the Heat
Jul 9, 2010
Northeastern Oklahoma
I have around 3 choices to pick from in my area. I've burned OHP's and Heat Resource before and had very little luck with them. This year i have Southern Indiana Hardwood pellets avaiable at a comparable price to the others. I've read the reviews of the SIH on here and sounds like they are favorable to many. If you have burned them please put you 2 cents into Topic. The OHP's and Heat Resource are $190 Per ton and the SIH are $199.50 Per ton. I also have other brands available like H.E.A.T. LLC for $175, Pennington for $220, Rocky Mountain for $240

Lineman, send a PM to member "Krooser".....I seem to recall that he burned the SIH pellets last winter. maybe he can give you a more real-world review.

Just bought 2 tons of the Southern Indiana Hardwoods from my local Farm store. Never burned them but their pre-sale is only a week so I took advantage of the opportunity. Hope they do well for me and sounds like SIH stands behind their product. They've got to be better than what I've used in the past.

You should be fine with the SIH. They burned nice for me. But we do always stress to sample before a large purchase, Hard to do this time of year!

AFAIK, Krooser was saying they burned OK for him. But he is pretty spoiled with them Douglas fir pellets he's be getting.

j-takeman said:
You should be fine with the SIH. They burned nice for me. But we do always stress to sample before a large purchase, Hard to do this time of year!

AFAIK, Krooser was saying they burned OK for him. But he is pretty spoiled with them Douglas fir pellets he's be getting.

Well after reading threads about SIH and your reviews I thought it would give them a try. Where I live all they offer is mostly early-preorders on large purchases, so you have to take advantage of them when there offered. Most of the time the prices jump up to $250 plus for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.