Simple corn stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cornman

Feb 12, 2020
Indiana
Hello all! I've been fighting a small problem but don't know where to start on fixing it. I've got a corn flame energy 5000 and my feed auger developed a start stop issue. Always before it would run constantly once it kicked on in the start up process but now it'll kick on run a few seconds depending on what setting I have it on then shut off a few seconds (it'll run longer for higher settings but still shut off for a few seconds). My question is would it be the control switch or a thermodisc or the auger motor? And is there a way to test each to be sure? Thank you in advance.

Are you saying your auger ran constantly?
and now it is on/off?
Does it fire up and produce heat running on/off?
I do not know your stove but pellet and multi-fuel
stoves run a timed auger(on/off)

Yes I haven't own the stove terribly long but up until about a week ago I fired it up and it would run constantly on settings one thru 10. It would just speed up slightly the higher u turned it. Not it runs in an on off sequence. With the on time being longer the higher you turn it up. It will fire and produce heat with the on off auger but I have to run it on a higher setting to keep it going. It burned out on me the other day when I had it on the lower settings because it doesn't run long enough I dont think.

It burnt out the other day after running for 6 or 7hrs. And when I fired it up that day I noticed the auger cycling on and off. I'm about 98% sure it ran constantly up until then. I have the stove in my garage and it's out put is more than it needs being only 760 sq ft and pretty well insulated so once I get the stove running good and the garage warm I back it down and let it "Cruise" if u will. And I did that and came back later to just he combustion fan running and no fire. I assumed it had something to do with the auger cycling but maybe I'm wrong. This stove seems simple enough to not have may issues or if there is should be easy to fix. We have a cold snap coming and I like to run it the whole time until it warms back up