Simpson pellet liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pegdot

Nov 16, 2007
Upstate, SC
Okay, I've decided to go with a Simpson flexible chimney liner to install my pellet insert but I have a couple of questions.

Is a T necessary? Better with or without? The insert is a rear exhaust.

I need to increase the size from 3" to 4" at the back of the stove but the place I'm ordering the liner kit from doesn't have any increasers listed on the page with the liners. They are on a seperate page with the vent pipe. Will one of those work with the liner?

Do I need a section of vent pipe at the top to connect to the cover plate?

Sorry for all the questions but with no local supplier I'm having to order everything online. Sure would hate to be missing the one piece that would let me finally install this thing!

Any help greatly appreciated!
Peg

You are going to need a tee because there isn't room behind an insert to make the 90* bend to mate up with the stove exhaust. It won't help any with cleaning the pipe because you will have to pull the insert to clean the pipe every time no matter how you connect it.

Who are you going to buy the DuraFlex from? Also have you downloaded the installation manual for the pipe? It is available on Simpson's website.

An insert with a rear outlet, just don't sound right to me. Course I know nothing bout pellet stoves or inserts.

Hogwildz said:
An insert with a rear outlet, just don't sound right to me. Course I know nothing bout pellet stoves or inserts.

pellet units are almost exclusively direct vent , and thus have a rear flue connection. to our poster , look at the pellet vent catalog there is a tee which is a 3 inch inlet , and 4 inch outlet , should be what you need to transition smoothly to 4 inch liner click here for catalog and look for the part # 3166 http://www.duravent.com/pdf/catalogs/pellet corn.pdf

Just curious but why go with a duravent product... I work for the manufacture MagnaFlex and we make flexible chimney line solutions just for your need and I am just trying to see if we can help at all... I know of one guy off hand who just purchased our product though an installer and his installer said that our flex was much easier to install then Duravent's ... again just curious... always trying to help a customer out.

Thanks!

Really Hot, the pellet kit from Magnaflex looks good but frankly I can't find any place to order it online. Searched Google and only got one hit for an online source and they were overpriced on it. I need the liner by next weekend so I need to order it today and keep my fingers crossed.

Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.