Skytech remote went kaput!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trafick

Dec 12, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
Hello All,

Last year about this time I bought a new Skytech 3301p remote. I hooked it up to my gas stove and enjoyed all of it's glory. The thing worked flawlessly all of last year.

About three weeks ago I decided to check the remote to make sure it was still working. My stove would not come on, so I decided to change the batteries in the reciever and VIOLA! All was happy again.

About a week ago I decided to check the programming in the remote and discovered that the clock had "drifted" by about 15 minutes so I hit the reset button and changed the clock time. While doing this I noticed that one of the LCD segments in the temperature reading was out. I thought I would change the batteries in the remote because they had been in since last year, and maybe that was the problem with the LCD.

When I put the new batteries in, nothing. No display, nothing. I put the old batteries back in and still nothing. I even tried the reset button and still nothing. Well I called Skytech and they told me that this sort of thing happens all the time and when they get the remote, they can't find anything wrong. I told the person that I was pretty sure there was a problem. She told me to send it to them and said she would let it "run" for a few days.

I sent the remote and the reciever back to them yesterday (10-13-09) so I will let everyone know what gives and how their service is when I hear from them. So far I'm kind of miffed because they are acting like it's my stupidity and not their product that is the problem. We'll see...

Well, Skytech is a good company and yes, sometimes remotes are fussy. I've gone on numerous remote control calls where I show up and click the button and it works fine..and the customers will say "well, it hasnt worked all week"
I know on some remotes, the sequence when changing batteries is important, and I still go by the manual when I do it, just to make sure. If the manual says, "change the batteries in the receiver first, then the hand held device, then hold down button a and b and wait for the beep", or something like that, you need to do it in that order.

Let us know how things go with Skytech and good luck

Hello All,

Yesterday (10-19-09) I got home from work and there was a box from Skytech. I went inside and opened it and it was a brand new remote! New batteries too! Needless to say I am a very happy camper. I sent it in on the 13th and got it back the 19th. WOW! They also programmed the receiver to match the remote.

With customer service like this I can see why they have a good reputation. Any one thinking about getting one of their products should think no more and just do it. So far they have treated me right!

trafick said:
Hello All,

Yesterday (10-19-09) I got home from work and there was a box from Skytech. I went inside and opened it and it was a brand new remote! New batteries too! Needless to say I am a very happy camper. I sent it in on the 13th and got it back the 19th. WOW! They also programmed the receiver to match the remote.

With customer service like this I can see why they have a good reputation. Any one thinking about getting one of their products should think no more and just do it. So far they have treated me right!

Holy moly. I knew they were a good company, but that is some nifty service. I'm shocked they did it so fast during October, one of our heavy volume months. I'm glad you had a good experience

Status
Not open for further replies.