Sleek freestanding that will look good in masonry fp! New! Need help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmama

Oct 12, 2007
We have a masonry fp we want to convert, its a tall one - 38" high, plenty of room. I'd like to get a freestanding (sleek, clean lines) with a nice window so we can enjoy the flames but also want it to be efficient. We have a 2000 sq ft home in the mountains with high ceilings. My husband wants it to still look at a fireplace. I'm looking at inserts (PE Summit) but am now leaning toward freestanding for efficiency and would love to not have to use a blower. Any advice welcome!

With that height you'll have a few options. Take a look at the Pacific Energy Fusion, pretty clean lines, 35" tall, lots of color and finish options, rated for up to 2,000 SF. But you'll certainly get no shortage of other suggestions here. A hearth stove will give you more heat than an insert and won't be dependent on electricity to move a lot of the heat around.

PE Fusion

SCAN makes the sleekest stoves I've seen.

Attachments

• Scan_5-2.jpg
    Scan_5-2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 210
Define "sleek" please.

Status
Not open for further replies.