Small farm names?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
daveswoodhauler said:
"880 acres"

They'll think you have 880 acres, but you will know the real meaning

I probably go with that but my Gf will be doing most of the work...She has manage restaurant's for 20 years and the hardest working person I have ever meet. I have had a few shot down a long those lines....lol

"Cornucopia" or "Corn-utopia" etc.

Kind of a combination of "corn" and "utopia", means food and abundance.

btuser said:
Call it 420 Acres. Not sure if you'd attract the right customers, but people will show up with cash wanting to buy plants.

:lol: All the way from California even....

The Money Pit (I think most all of us here can relate to that.... ;-) )

Produce Paradise Farm, Randy

We call our place Rose Arbor Ranch (RAR)2nd R reversed

You could call it OLEO or Margarine ( you know, the cheaper spread)

Thistle said:
btuser said:
Call it 420 Acres. Not sure if you'd attract the right customers, but people will show up with cash wanting to buy plants.

:lol: All the way from California even....

The Money Pit (I think most all of us here can relate to that.... ;-) )

Thats what I am affarid of.....lol But think starting all my own plants (still have the system from doing this years ago) 1/2 acer of sweet corn not looking at a big investment here, nor do I need a big return. Feeding the family only and not selling a thing still be fine.

Our place is Rolling Hills Farm...we don't really have mountains around here(although the locals think we do) but the rolling hills are endless. If we ever move we will probabaly come up with another name that's descriptive of the area.

muncybob said:
Our place is Rolling Hills Farm...we don't really have mountains around here(although the locals think we do) but the rolling hills are endless. If we ever move we will probabaly come up with another name that's descriptive of the area.

flat corn field farms...lol

Flat Field Farms....not limited to corn this way?

muncybob said:
Flat Field Farms....not limited to corn this way?

lol Not bad!

Some names I have thought of for our mini farm. A whole 3 acres.

Maybe something African sounding like "Webotthe" as in Webotthe Farm :>)
Ours was a repossession, so maybe something of a southwest flavor, Repo Rancho.
Your cattle brand could be just the letter "E". Then it could be the Fun "E" Farm.

I recommend "Red Flag Acres."

Put a sign up at the road. Put the following on the sign below the name:

Red Flag Flying Denotes The Range Is Hot
DO NOT ENTER When Flag is Flying

Then put up a red flag and leave it up. :lol:

Hoosier Acres - come on, it's obvious! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.