Smallest pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pegdot

Nov 16, 2007
Upstate, SC
I'm considering installing a second stove and the most logical place to put it in our house is in the bathroom. The bath is large, 18x12, but I still don't have gobs of room in there for a stove so I'm wondering who makes the smallest pellet stove. Any thoughts about putting one in a bath? BTW, I'm in the middle of a total remodel on that room and it will have an exellent exhaust system so I don't believe moisture will be an issue but the fans would exhaust a lot of heat as well.

Hi pegdot,

I cannot really comment on putting one in the bathroom other than I would
be concerned about the moisture. I would think it would be a good environment
for rusting. Anyhooo...the smallest one I have seen is the Enviro Mini.

It dont matter how small or how big a pellet stove is
you can still only turn them down to around 1 pound an hour or OFF
1 pound is about 8,000 btu and that will heat 400 sq feet of area

This is why the heat rating on pellet stove show
heats from
600 - 2200 sq feet

I advise not put a pellet stove in a ROOM less than 300 sq feet

Gas is you best choice
If you are in a LPG area you can run a small gas stove or build in fireplace for about 4 hours on a gallon of LPG

http://www.kozyheat.com/twoharbors_unit.htm

or the enviro Haven

Attachments

• haven.jpg
    haven.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,071
Thanks Rod. Those are nice looking units and being able to incorporate one into a cabinet would be a big plus but I sure do hate the idea of having to install a LP tank there since that corner of the house is flanked by our patio and our drive. Still, I could possibly hide a small tank behind some shrubs...

Yep, the Mini is the smallest one I knew of but it's just to doggone modern looking to suit the room. Claw foot tub and then a black cube. :shut:

I just found the Little Gnome by Thelin. What a cutie! Don't think I want to find out what the price is though. LOL

Yup I was going to say the Thelin is the smallest I've seen
but they are expensive. I think their parlour model runs
approx. 3 grand so you can expect the lil one to be pricey too.
Last year there were a few members on here who ran a Thelin
but I can't recall who. I wouldn't invest in another pellet stove
unless more of the house would benefit from the heat.
Especially since a bathroom isn't a place where anyone spends
enough time to warrant the bother and expense.
G'luck whatever you choose tho.

I had a Thelin Gnome and I was satisfied with the performance that it provided. It can heat up to 900sqft, and its design is appealing. You can get it painted or in porcelain finishes and can be run with a thermostat. Heres a snapshot when we had it in the basement.

Attachments

• GnomeRoom.jpg
    GnomeRoom.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,286
Status
Not open for further replies.