smart phone accesible thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manly

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2017
CT
I have read quite a few of the previous threads concerning pellet stove thermostats, wireless, etc. I know the basics of hooking one up. My question is, does anyone have a wireless thermostat set up that is either IP addressable or otherwise accessible remotely with a smart phone or other browser. I would like to have control over the stove when not at home. I appreciated any info.

Have you looked at the Nest thermostat?

Have you looked at the Nest thermostat?
That is one that caught my eye when searching out smart thermostats. I will fully research the available options. This is something I probably won't embark on until next year sometime. I would like to bring my pellet stove and oil furnace controls to the next level. The wood stove will have to remain in the dark ages.