Smart Stove recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

veetek22

Sep 23, 2020
CT
Hi I currently have a us stove model in my house but would like to replace it either with Quadra fire adventurer 2 or the mf fire catalyst , which one would you recommend ? Looking for something that is more automated... is there any other options besides the two listed? Thank you

The Catalyst is fairly sophisticated (and expensive) but it performs very well according to testing. I can not recall anyone here ever submitting a review on one though. There have been a few on the Adventurer . One issue of concern is electronics failure. This may be related to sudden power surges, so it may be a good idea to put it on a good UPS system for protection and continuous operation during shorter power outages. Another company that has been doing automation for a while is Nestor Martin. They are calling it "Woodbox technology" now.

Hwam and Rika also have automation options. I think Hwam even has a cellphone app now to control the stove.