Smith and Wellstood Esse Dragon Mk2 Restoration project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Juljas

May 5, 2017
Australia
Hi everyone, I have just purchased an Esse Dragon Mk2 stove. It is in pretty good shape but will need new gaskets and a flue kit. Can anyone please direct me to some resources or information about this stove please? I have no idea about the history, age or specifications of this machine. Google is not doing me much good at the moment, although it did lead me here :D I have never owned a wood stove before so completely new to all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
dragon front.jpg dragon side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these show up awhile back. The UK may be the best for parts
http://www.stovespares.co.uk/esse-dragon-multi-fuel-stove-spare-parts.html

Thanks Begreen. I have seen that link. I'm in Australia and I can't seem to find much info locally. The piece I have is pretty much intact. I think it will just need a good clean up and some seals. Some of the parts have dragon dolphin on them and a bunch of different number codes. Do you know if there is a manual or guide to these stoves?

Hi everyone, I have just purchased an Esse Dragon Mk2 stove. It is in pretty good shape but will need new gaskets and a flue kit. Can anyone please direct me to some resources or information about this stove please? I have no idea about the history, age or specifications of this machine. Google is not doing me much good at the moment, although it did lead me here :D I have never owned a wood stove before so completely new to all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 197289 View attachment 197290
View attachment 197289 View attachment 197290
If interested, I have a bit of literature I can send you. Also, the largest thing to keep in mind is the paint job. The paint changes color with the heat from the fire. Parts are hard to come by but still available through specific outlets

It's been a couple years since they posted from Australia. Would it be possible to post pictures of the literature here?

Reactions: SpaceBus