Smoke/CO2 AlarmPlacement For Pellets Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiskid

Sep 26, 2017
PA
Ok, I just ordered a top rated Smoke/CO2 detector for a good price. Now where should it go. I have the stove at the opposite end of the sun porch. Opposite that is the entrance door with the steps up. In that outside corner I have a fan which hits the top of the doorway and blows the heat in. Then in The LR on the opposite wall I have another fan taking the heat back the hallway. The porch goes from 8ft at the outside to 9 ft at the doorway. They show a sloped roof and have it 3 ft back from the top high spot. I was just thinking it would be better in the actual m/h rather than the sloped porch roof.. What about the airflow from the fans ? Help an old timer out. Thanks. GBY

I am having a hard time visualizing the setup. Can you share a few pics? Here are some pics that I have viewed in the past to help me place mine.

It is my understanding the CO will spread rather evenly throughout the air column, so location for smoke is paramount.

chicago-condo-inspection-smoke-detectors-installation-areas1.jpg

Where-to-install-smoke-detector-installation-too-close-to-the-ceiling.jpg

Carbon-Monoxide-alarm-dead-space1.jpg

3679593_orig.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko