Smoke Dragon to P61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

missing link

Sep 17, 2008
W.Wareham,Ma
Evening, I just purchased Harmon P 61 older one , needs a severe cleaning everything functioned as it should ,no squeals auger functioned . I would like to upgrade to auto ignite I think that's possible?
oh ya 750$
Link

Hi ,this is a side view of where the door latch closes is supposed to be ofset like that or is like that from years of use?

Attachments

• 20190713_111216.jpg
    20190713_111216.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 219
Interesting. Harman didn’t get big in our area till the P61a. I’ve seen a manual pc45 but it was brought in from out of state.

Well i just cleaned tbe complete stove, was it normal to have a packed auger area behind the removable door or lack of maint. from previous owner?
Everything else cleaned up nice .
Going out to get bag of pellets for a test burn

lack of maint. should be cleaned in accordance with the manuals directions. A clean stove is a happy stove ;)

Hi , I did a test fire worked well throughout all aspets from low flame to high and inbetween, at shutdown took a while but idled downand shut off as it should
The combustion fan was noisy alittle lube took care of that
One thing when in shutdown mode(off) I noticed a mouse behind the damper ,went to pull it out and it disappeared didn't have far to go so i set a trap will update later today.also have to check shop vac for carcass

Speaking of the p61a, is there any way to lubricate the exhaust or distribution Motors? Or are they totally sealed

Update, fired up stove everything was fine ,I burned it at wide open to see if the fans would ramp up and slow down when I lowered temp .it had a noisy combustion fan put a small ammount of spray lube quieted down.
Ran it for 2 hrs all good, turned knob to off to shut down seemed to take awhile to burn out .
I was looking around back of stove while it cooled down noticed a mouse in the fresh air intake behind flapper trued to get it out but it disappeared, took the shop vac and sucked out that spot at that piint I set a trap outside the intake will check trap tonight.
I have pic's ,later
ML

Update, fired up stove everything was fine ,I burned it at wide open to see if the fans would ramp up and slow down when I lowered temp .it had a noisy combustion fan put a small ammount of spray lube quieted down.
Ran it for 2 hrs all good, turned knob to off to shut down seemed to take awhile to burn out .
I was looking around back of stove while it cooled down noticed a mouse in the fresh air intake behind flapper trued to get it out but it disappeared, took the shop vac and sucked out that spot at that piint I set a trap outside the intake will check trap tonight.
I have pic's ,later
ML
Sorry double post

That was my trap but when I got home from work trap was empty. Grabbed shop vac popped open the flapper it came out in that condition

Attachments

• 20190804_172325.jpg
    20190804_172325.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 20190805_163313.jpg
    20190805_163313.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 197