smoke haze

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella77

Nov 23, 2013
lost in the woods
Is it common place to have a haze in the home during stove use. I just installed a morso wood stove to the install specs and we have had it inspected. the stove burns well and the heat is nice, but there is a haze in the home and my wife is pregnant and this is concerning to me.

It is common if the stove is new. The paint will off gas as it cures. It's probably not the best for a pregnant woman, maybe she could go for a drive while you air out the house.

Should this happen again (it might when you reach higher temperatures with the stove), light a few candles in the stove room or anywhere there is haze.

I'm surprised there was a visible haze, but just for the future or for the sake of others, it's best to do the break in with a good fan venting the house with open windows or door. The paint fumes are not toxic, but they sure are unpleasant.

When I did mine, my smoke detector went off even as I was venting the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.