smoke in house when cool down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stan69

Nov 21, 2014
NC
hey guys
when we shut off the stove it does its normal shutdown, blower stays on for about 15-20 minutes or so...
But when it turns off in about 5-10 minutes after we smell smoke in house...Today i noticed that under the stove theres 2 little holes in the front corners that the smoke it coming out..
we clean the chamber pot and surroundings after each burn, even in the 2 little chambers inside ...

We have a King Ashley 5500M

any help would be really appreciated ...

Stan

Can you show a picture of the holes and locations. Firebox should be a sealed unit.

Front corners underneath

Attachments

• 20171118_110040.jpg
    20171118_110040.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 108
I would seal them up with hight temp rtv. I have read that ppl have sealed them so im assuming it is a common acurance wth the 5500m