Smokin Kozi Stove....literally

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally got a stove. A kozi Baywin off of Kijiji. I have been running it since January. I come out of the stove, 90 up for 4 feet and then 90 out of the wall. I have noticed that when the stove runs out of pellets and goes out that smoke can sometimes pour out of the stove itself and into the room. This weekend it has been going out even with pellets in the hopper and the burn pot clean. I need to check the auger to make sure my four year old son didn't drop something in it but regardless....I woke up to a house full of smoke this morning. The stove was out and smoke was pouring out of the top vents. Turning the stove back on, i.e., the fan helped. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to why. It had been workign flawlessly. I wonder if the piping is getting plugged. I looked in the end of the outside exhaust and there is lots of ash and buildup at the end. But it has only been running a few months. Mind you most has been on SPF and it has been running 24/7.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Torie

Clean your pipe, it is something that should be done after burning every ton or so. You mentioned that it has only been burning a few months, and I am sure that after burning that long, it is time for a good cleaning. Try the leaf blower trick, it works great! If you don't know what the leaf blower thing is, just search this forum for leaf blower and you will find it.
A good cleaning should help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.