Snap Disk Thermostat Temp Range

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old School

Burning Hunk
Jul 15, 2015
Georgia
I am restoring an older insert, not sure the make or model, but it is built kinda like an older double door buck with fans built on to each side. The fan control thermostat is bad and I removed it hoping it would have the temp range marked on it and it does not. There is a hole drilled in the outer shell that the thermostat is inserted into measuring the temp of the air between the firebox and the outer shell of the heater. Obviously I don't want the thermostat to allow the stove to overheat before kicking the fans on, but on the flip side I have been around stoves that would be blowing cold air before they shut off. I am considering a 130f on 110f off. Any advice is much appreciated.

Sounds like a reasonable range to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.