Snap-Wrap insulation for rigid liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 10, 2022
Northeastern Vermont
Does anybody have experience with this type of snap on insulation for rigid liners?
How did you like it (or not)?

Can it be removed and reapplied? Or can it only be connected once?

The methods for insulating flexible liners have been thoroughly discussed on this forum. I am not finding information on insulating rigid. I can't imagine they are all getting poured liners.

rigid-insulation_2.jpg

Does anybody have experience with this type of snap on insulation for rigid liners?
How did you like it (or not)?

Can it be removed and reapplied? Or can it only be connected once?

The methods for insulating flexible liners have been thoroughly discussed on this forum. I am not finding information on insulating rigid. I can't imagine they are all getting poured liners.

View attachment 289892
The few I do I just wrap them. I could never justify the cost of the snap wrap stuff

Rigid stove pipe, insulating blankets, extra labor, it is probably no more expensive and overall more cost effective not to mention less labor intensive to purchase and install insulated flex liner.

Reactions: bholler
Rigid stove pipe, insulating blankets, extra labor, it is probably no more expensive and overall more cost effective not to mention less labor intensive to purchase and install insulated flex liner.
Yes more labor intensive with no benifit over a heavy wall flex liner