Snout tricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
Ok guys, what is the trick to getting last 18 inches of my stove hooked up? I have a stainless t snout 6 inches that is non crimped. And I have to connect it to a non crimped 6 inch single wall pipe to the rear of the keystone.

So I see two options. 1. try and crimp the snout connect as normal
2. Use a female to female adapter. (crimped on both sides)

The adapter is slick and it works great, but then I wouldn't have all of the crimps going downhill.

Whats the best practice?

You need a nipple. Why is the tee not crimped from the factory?

My T slipped over a non crimped section of pipe. The pipe slid inside the horizontal part of the T right up to the vertical part of the T.

Coat the crimp on one end of the adapter with furnace cement and slip it into the snout then put three screws in it. It ain't gonna leak anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.