Snowmobile question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I need to put some brake fluid in my sleds reservoir and then bleed the air out of the system, in the attached picture, is that where I bleed the air from?
101_2203-001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a funky fitting but similar. What's plugging the end of it, dirt and junk? If the reservoir is just a little low you don't need to bleed it at all.

That looks like a funky fitting but similar. What's plugging the end of it, dirt and junk? If the reservoir is just a little low you don't need to bleed it at all.
I'll check to see if something is plugging it. The reservoir was real low so after putting some brake fluid in and pumping the brake handle, it firm up nice.

I'll check it again tomorrow.

FWIW, yes that looks like the brake bleeder

Reactions: thewoodlands
FWIW, yes that looks like the brake bleeder
I've looked through the owner's manual and they don't show the brake air bleeder, I should have time tomorrow so I can take the side panel off and get a better look.

That does look like a bleeder on top of a caliper. You should not have to add brake fluid, it gets low due to the pads wearing away, needing more fluid to work. You might have a leak.

Reactions: thewoodlands
That does look like a bleeder on top of a caliper. You should not have to add brake fluid, it gets low due to the pads wearing away, needing more fluid to work. You might have a leak.
I think the leak was around the reservoir but since I added brake fluid, I'm not seeing any leaks in that area......yet.