So close to having everything on the property split

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Soundchasm

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2011
Dayton, OH
www.soundchasm.com
I got a fair amount of honey locust last fall, and a bunch of ash this summer. There's a smidge of hard maple mixed in, but not enough to crow about.

Thanks to a very cool BIL, I'm *that* close to having it all split. Having it all stacked is yet another matter. I'm sure this pile is over three cords, but it's hard to say until it's all stacked out.

I've done the count of what I burned last winter, but I can't find that Post-it Note right now... I have some re-jiggering of the stacks to do, but I'll get an accurate count of the space I have to fill, and what's left over after I do. That will give me last year's consumption and total inventory and the count of this pile.

Anyway, for your gratuitous enjoyment, here are some pics.

Turn this-
DSCN1349.JPG
DSCN1350.JPG

Into THIS-
DSCN1378.JPGDSCN1381.JPG DSCN1382.JPG

What's left-
DSCN1380.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1379.JPG
    DSCN1379.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Those ash rounds look nice!

I had to walk away from way more than that on that ash scrounge. I posted that there was plenty free for the taking a while back, but CL around here is somewhat flooded with lots of ash. The stuff that's left would take a vertical splitter before it could be picked up.

And I'm scheming right now to get a whole bunch of standing dead Bur Oak very close to my house... I'm going to try and make that happen this summer.