So far it’s been a mild winter up here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
peakbagger i hope your wrong on this one. electric oven that has to cook my spoon roast:)

Heavy wind and rain for coastal Maine and NH on Christmas Eve into Christmas day. I expect the folks along the coast will be having a candlelight Christmas

And there goes what little snow we had . . . :(

The chill is on here, temp dropped 20º in a few hours. This will be heading east, so enjoy the warmth while you've got it. At least it's sunny now. Maybe we will get to see the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction tonight.

I think we set a record up here in Maine today . . . national weather map showed that we were warmer than Orlando, Florida. All the snow we had as a nice base is gone. :(

I think we set a record up here in Maine today . . . national weather map showed that we were warmer than Orlando, Florida. All the snow we had as a nice base is gone. :(
7B618C2B-72D2-47A4-8A63-875A5B28A4F5.jpeg
Saw this sow deer today while watching a pond grow in the low yard. Not starting out as a good snowmobile year at Moosehead.
The winds last night must have separated these 2 from Santa.

View attachment 270311
Saw this sow deer today while watching a pond grow in the low yard. Not starting out as a good snowmobile year at Moosehead.
The winds last night must have separated these 2 from Santa.

I hear ya . . . sump pump has been running to beat the band.

I hear ya . . . sump pump has been running to beat the band.
When the day comes that water is in my basement the entire area is going to be a lot more screwed than I can ever be but damn that was some serious rain.

Northern New England is predicted to be above normal temps until Mid January.Still cold enough at night to make snow at ski slopes but rain predicted the end of the week. Mid January is normally the coldest stretch.

:) i know jake might not want to hear this but, wiscwoody i hope winter stays there.

Reactions: WiscWoody
:) i know jake might not want to hear this but, wiscwoody i hope winter stays there.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I've already registered my snowmobile.

How about a compromise . . . a cold, snowy winter up here and into New Hampshire and Vermont . . . ending at the Massachusetts state line where it can be a balmy 72 degrees? :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I've already registered my snowmobile.

How about a compromise . . . a cold, snowy winter up here and into New Hampshire and Vermont . . . ending at the Massachusetts state line where it can be a balmy 72 degrees? :)
sold

Reactions: firefighterjake