So I broke down....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
I work outside and after a particularly cold wet and windy week (Southern New England) My bones were feeling chilled.
On Friday I had ordered 250+ gallons of HHO (at $1.89/gal) for delivery on Monday, so I was all set for the fall heating season.

But nothing soaks your bones like a nice fire in the stove......

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon after I get out of work (cold/wet/tired/etc.) I pick up my son and decide to grab a few bags of pellets at The local Tractor Supply.

I'm standing in line and the guy in front of me is also getting pellets. I ask what brand(s) and how much?

Turns out they are North Americans (meh) and with discount $265 a ton.
Not a great deal by any means.

I look at kid and say "Oh, What the Hell". I have them load a ton on the truck

So Saturday evening I fire up the stove, relax on couch and drink a hot coffee. Ahhhhh! bliss.

By this morning my bones are warmed and even the dog seems more comfortable. :)

---Nailer---

I think the prices are going to start to drop. With oil so low, people are not buying pellets like they have other years. The box store in my area just slashed the price from 269 to 259 a ton. I'm going to wait a few more weeks and see if they drop it any more before I buy. I do have 1.x tons from last year so I have a little room to wait.

Was at HD and Lowes today - no price drops yet. Still expensive at farm & garden stores as well as hardware stores. I have plenty, but if price drops happen, I may stock in more for next year.

Reactions: Cory S
Status
Not open for further replies.