So I just had my Flame Monoco delivered and started ripping out the old BIS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppinger

Feb 19, 2013
Langhorne, Pa
So the house is a 2000 sq foot split level in Langhorne PA (right outside of Phila). Does anyone have any experience with this unit in this area? Do I have to put in the ducting and forced air kit or will the fireplace be enough.

Just thought I would ask.....

This would depend on the house floorplan and fireplace location. Is the goal to heat the house or is the fireplace mostly for ambiance and just warming the room?

This would depend on the house floorplan and fireplace location. Is the goal to heat the house or is the fireplace mostly for ambiance and just warming the room?
I am planning on heating the house with it. I can with the old Bis 1.2 without a forced air kit. But with the temps the way it has been this year, the bis can not keep up then the heat pump kicks on with the electric back up.

The fireplace is on the ground floor and all heat seems to go up with the Bis... Go figure right..

Status
Not open for further replies.