So what is the RIGHT way to install/insulate metal roofing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author="ISeeDeadBTUs" date="1233189850"]Use standing seam and avoid any attachment penetrations through the final roofing material[/quote

I installed standing seams years ago, and I must agree with those posts in favor! I`m haven`t been able to figure out how to install more than 1 quote you have two other fan`s, I make three. If you are familiar with and have ruled out this system I won`t elaborate,until you request. The bottom of these panel`s do screw down at the facia, to keep rain from blowing under, however these screws are very effecient.

Also, I recently at a home improvement expo, saw a new system at least to me which I was interested in.

The panels were made of metal had been put into a press and the result was a panel which looked like a cedar shake architechure. the underside was coated with a foam type material (but better) making these panels around 1 inch thick. As a cedar roof would have about half inch step from one course to another, these steps were an inch, but wouldn`t collaspe when walking on because of the foam.They were coated and looked just like any asphalt shingle you would nail down,same material.

The real selling point was the preenginered heat reflecting qualities,and were designed for re-roofing over existing shingles and claimed something like 40% reduction in attick heat, maybe more? I probably could find the pampletes if you would like,let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.