Sold my CFM Insert on Craigs list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
Sold my insert in 2 days for asking price, this is the add.

Fireplace insert $500...
I have a CFM wood insert, they made it for Vermount casting . Its the same as the one below with out the arch in the door. I bought it 3 years ago.
http://www.vermontcastings.com/content/products/productdetails.cfm?id=325

http://www.vermontcastings.com/catalog/elements/files/S19984REV2E.pdf manual

Jim @763 553 2029

Take a look at the specs on your fireplace to see if it will fit. Depth 10 Inch, by height 22.5 inch and width 28 inch. It should fit most fireplaces. We use it all the time and it has lowered our gas bill by $100 a month!
Product Specifications
Ash Pan NO
Average efficiency 64 %
Log Length (Max.) 20 in.
Average emissions 4.7 grams/hr
Cast Iron Front Door YES
Unit Height 22 3/8 in.
Flue Collar Size Round 6 in.
BTU/h (Max.) 58000 BTU
Heating Area (Max) 1500 sq. ft.
Combustion Technology Non-catalytic
Firebox Lining Brick
Volume 1.3 cubic feet
Firebox Depth 12.75 in.
Blower Included
Minimum Fireplace Depth 10 in.
Minumum Fireplace Height 22.25 in.
Minimum Fireplace Width 28 in.
Faceplate Included - 44 in.W x 31 in.H
Weight 235 lbs.
DSC_0022-4.jpg

time to update the Signature :)

PunKid8888 said:
time to update the Signature :)
Done, the lady just came and Pick up the CMF insert with her helpers, kids are not as strong as they were in my generation. It was struggle for (2) 25 year old guys to carry a 250 lbs down the front steps and into the car.
Was an Ok insert, but now I have a blaze king with a 2.8 sq foot fire box. I was not getting any sleep feeding the CFM insert in the cold Minnesota winters. I am very happy, its been a good day except for the dog digging a hole in the back yard....lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.