solstice preparation...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-T

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2008
NH
today is the day to get out there and gather wood for your Solstice Bonfire. Remember...solstice is the best time to harness the earth magic to help the crops grow. Build a fire and leap o're the flames (use saftey here people)...the higher the flames the taller your crops will grow. I have been seeking clarification on some of the minutia of this concept. I'm not sure if one needs to "clear" the flames entirely, or if one can leap through the flames and expect equivilent results come harvest time. Leap well my friends! Do your stretches first.

Can I use a pogo stick or trampoline?

I always thought killing some critter next to the fire was the sure fire way to get good yields, not jumping over the fire. Learn something new every day.

I always heard it was drinking beer by the fire.
That's the only I'm going to sacrifice, already done plenty of that and don't even have a fire;)

Yup, it about time for the annual solstice perspiration.

I'm doing the bonfire thing this weekend. I basically got dumped the night of the Solstice last year. There is a whole different vibe going now. I've got some really great stuff going on in my life...including some beer & BBQ waiting for me on Sat night. :)

I'm doing the bonfire thing this weekend. I basically got dumped the night of the Solstice last year. There is a whole different vibe going now. I've got some really great stuff going on in my life...including some beer & BBQ waiting for me on Sat night. :)

Sometimes life after marriage (or long term shack-up as the case may be) can be a wonderful, refreshing, and eye-opening experience. Never been happier. Not knocking a GOOD marriage in any way, but clearly mine was not meant to be.

Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Sometimes life after marriage (or long term shack-up as the case may be) can be a wonderful, refreshing, and eye-opening experience. Never been happier. Not knocking a GOOD marriage in any way, but clearly mine was not meant to be.

Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled program.
I had a starter marriage. Going from that to my current wife was like jumping in cool water on the hottest day

My main happiness is from a side job I have going helping someone to build a business. I really believe in the product and when you love your job it makes life a whole lot better. It beats dating. Lol.

you guys just reminded me of a great piece of advice I once got from and old druid on solstice....he said "don't wipe your a$$ with poison ivy". there was some other bit about life, or happiness, or secrets of the universe or whatever, but thats the part that stuck with me....glad I could share it with yous on this special occasion of drinking, sacrifice and jumping.

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
But remember, heathen revelers,

image.jpg

you guys just reminded me of a great piece of advice I once got from and old druid on solstice....he said "don't wipe your a$$ with poison ivy". there was some other bit about life, or happiness, or secrets of the universe or whatever, but thats the part that stuck with me....glad I could share it with yous on this special occasion of drinking, sacrifice and jumping.

Now, that's good (great) advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.