Some advice needed....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
I've been bothering people here with questions for a bit now about pellet stoves/boilers, etc.... I think I have arrived at a conclusion, but hope some can offer their opinions and expertise as well. Here is the situation -

I currently have a PE Super 27 that does account for 99% of the heating done during the year. What I am looking for is another source of "back up" heat that could be put on a timer/stat to take over when the stove burns down on those extra cold nights, or when we leave the house for the night/day. I think that a pellet stove may be the best option. Does anyone have a similar set-up, or have any other suggestions? I've got my eye on the Enviro Mini right now. Thanks.

The Enviro Mini is a nice little stove. Automatic ignition and thermostat control. Would 30,000 BTUs be enough for the area you want it to heat? The Mini is rated for about 1,000 Sq Ft. If it is enough to meet your needs than you would love the stove.

CJ-SR4ever said:
The Enviro Mini is a nice little stove. Automatic ignition and thermostat control. Would 30,000 BTUs be enough for the area you want it to heat? The Mini is rated for about 1,000 Sq Ft. If it is enough to meet your needs than you would love the stove.

It should put out enough heat. It would be for just the upstairs.

Sounds to me like it would work nicely. I like to look of the mini. And it comes with its own hearth pad. But if you are putting it on carpet I would highly recommend getting a seperate pad to put under the stove, just to be on the safe side. I wanted to do the same thing, went with the Harman P-38. The price was better on the wallet and I didnt care about having auto ignition or thermostat control.

Status
Not open for further replies.