Some guidance? HP vs. weight- best saws over 60cc, thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing a 372 and a 455 is like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Porsche. If you can find a non X Torq 372, I'd jump on a new one before they are totally gone.

I needed to take a break from splitting today so decided to go out and check the chainsaw sounds I was hearing and see if there was any scrounging opportunities. A guy across the street was cutting up an ash with a 395XP. Now, there is a saw!

The 2145 and 2171 are my most used saws!!! I started with a 2156 thinking I would use it for both limbing and bucking and didn't think I wanted the extra weight of a bigger saw. But I wasn't getting speed I wanted from it. I get through the wood so much faster with the 2171 I don't notice the extra weight except walking to and from the tree. The 56 wasn't very handy getting around branches so along came the 2145 and I love it. Now I would like to put a 9 tooth sprocket on the 2186 and 20" bar and see how that does!

Billy

wendell said:
I needed to take a break from splitting today so decided to go out and check the chainsaw sounds I was hearing and see if there was any scrounging opportunities. A guy across the street was cutting up an ash with a 395XP. Now, there is a saw!

That being said, the 395 is an awsome saw! But I go to my 346 and 372 for almost all of my firewood cutting needs.
The extra power of the 394 is nice when I need to flush cut a big stump or buck up some 36"+ Other than that it stays in the garadge, just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.