Some more thoughts on the supplemental heat question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Regarding the last post on this subject, I tried to answer what best fits our own circumstance.And may have failed some of you. "If I may, dissect a little.??"

We have an oil-fired boiler. Others may have baseboard electric, some may have oil forced air, and some may have NG forced air, and others may have NG or Propane boilers? Some have zone control, others may not?

Just thought it might be appropiate to raise it again so people might be encouraged to experiment? So, so many variables, and so many different climates that we all live in,means there is no simplistic answer.

A compliment to "kennychaos" for telling me to count our blessings that we can even get our place to 76-78F-is what made me re-think this issue.

In our own particular circumstance, it has taken me 4 years to get it "nailed down"..

So be patient, very patient, and don`t expect to have the most economical solution after only one heating season.

Takes time. Lots of time and experimentation. :coolsmile:

Only certainty in this scene is if you are burning wood? You will save money and you will be far more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.