Someone needs to start something....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
I keep coming in here looking for some chatter and not only is the radio dead, the station is empty!

What's everyone up to?

I'm fixing the shop roof. The skylights went bad.

Also fixing the house roof and rebuilding an addition that was done wrong many years ago.

Have to weld rockers on the car, do some work on the truck, get more concrete in the shop, insulate the shop, build a few wood sheds, slaughter a few pigs, and about 100 other things. Oh yeah, I have to do up more firewood...

Reactions: jaoneill and Riff

hickoryhoarder

Minister of Fire
Apr 5, 2013
Indiana
I'm planting the garden. Almost finished.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
I keep coming in here looking for some chatter and not only is the radio dead, the station is empty!

What's everyone up to?

I'm fixing the shop roof. The skylights went bad.

Also fixing the house roof and rebuilding an addition that was done wrong many years ago.

Have to weld rockers on the car, do some work on the truck, get more concrete in the shop, insulate the shop, build a few wood sheds, slaughter a few pigs, and about 100 other things. Oh yeah, I have to do up more firewood...
We've had heavy rains the last two days which we needed and tomorrow more of the same with possible high winds so I'll make sure things on the outside are buttoned up before it could start in the afternoon.

What types of firewood are you putting up? I still have ash, maple and beech that need some attention, some just need stacking and the rest needs splitting & stacking. That should give us around 56 or 57 face cord stacked before the fall cutting starts. We also have 10 face cord of shoulder season wood up with room for 2 more.

There was a time I was busting my arse getting firewood in the summer but since the inventory levels are good, hopefully we can enjoy the summer.

The like reply is nice but it takes away from people responding whatever season it is.

Reactions: jaoneill and Riff