Somersworth Foundry Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LakeGirlLifer

Jan 7, 2023
NH
Hello everyone! I’m new here!
My maternal great-grandfather started the Somersworth Foundry in Salmon Falls, NH, making many models of cast iron stoves.
His son (my maternal grandfather) took over the business at some point, and my mom worked in the office after graduating high school.
When my grandfather retired, he sold the business. Some time after that, the place burned down.

I will add to this thread as I find out more info.
Would love to find a little working parlor stove of theirs!

Cool history. Do you have any pictures of the foundry or its stoves?

A past threads on these stoves
Was the stove company called Somersworth Machine Co.?

Hello everyone! I’m new here!
My maternal great-grandfather started the Somersworth Foundry in Salmon Falls, NH, making many models of cast iron stoves.
His son (my maternal grandfather) took over the business at some point, and my mom worked in the office after graduating high school.
When my grandfather retired, he sold the business. Some time after that, the place burned down.

I will add to this thread as I find out more info.
Would love to find a little working parlor stove of theirs!
Hi Lakegirl. I just bought a Somersworth foundry cook stove. It's in excellent condition. Now I'm looking for the stove pipe connector. The stove flue opening measures 8.5 inches long and 4.75 inches wide. I may have to have one custom made. I hope you find the parlor stove. It would make a nice reminder of your family's legacy.

Some of these stoves connected with a section of 6" round stovepipe that has been ovalized on one end. It's worth a try.

Hi Lakegirl. I just bought a Somersworth foundry cook stove. It's in excellent condition. Now I'm looking for the stove pipe connector. The stove flue opening measures 8.5 inches long and 4.75 inches wide. I may have to have one custom made. I hope you find the parlor stove. It would make a nice reminder of your family's legacy.
I know the flue connector you are looking for. If you Google Cast Iron wood cooking stoves or cast iron cooking stove parts, you may find it. I recently found a site for the ash agitators. I will add the link and maybe you can find something. There is also a site called the stove Hospital. They may know where you can locate one. https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/WoodCoalGrates/Triplex/N1C40S0V0T0.html